Cajun Chicken Pasta.

A couple of months before my wedding, I'd been addicted to pasta, like a lot! I'd been craving over it for days, made one, then started to craving over another for a few days! I had to control my carbohydrate intake for the fitting, so I had to be more than just a discipline then.

I'd stocked up few dry ingredients and just bought the wet ingredients before cooking rightaway. So that I don'y have a reason to cook pasta that often :p

I did try few recipes, some from the web, some invented from moi, some from TV show. I should have save the best for last but I just couldn't resist sharing it with you.

Cajun Chicken Pasta.


This is the BOMB. Sumpah sedap gile. Sedap sedap sedap.

In just a few minutes.....

See?

Ok recipe is from Thepioneerwoman. With few adjustments;

1 cup of chicken fillet, cut into cubes
3 tsp cajun spice mix
Fettuccine (or in my case Spaghetti)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1/2 whole large onion, sliced
 3 cloves garlic, minced
4 whole cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup evaporated milk
Ground black pepper
1 cube of chicken stock
1/2 cup of water or chicken stock

  1. Cook pasta until al dente and set aside.
  2. Toss cajun spice mix with the chicken cubes in a small bowl until fully coated. Heat butter on a skillet over high heat. Add half of the chicken and let it brown (do not stir! You want it brown and crispy). Remove, then add the other half. Cook until brown then remove.
  3. In the same skillet, heat the olive oil. Add in the onion, garlic and some cajun spice mix then add in the tomatoes. Remove all the ingredients to bowl.
  4. With the pan over high heat, add in 1/2 cup of water with 1 cube of chicken stock, let it boil. At the same time scrap the bottom of your pan (seriously it did get brown). Reduce the heat and add in the milk. When it started to thicken a bit, add in the fried onions, garlic, tomatoes and chicken. Season with more cajun spice mix (I like it spicy!) and black pepper. Lastly add in the pasta.
  5. Cook for another 1 minute, remove from heat.
  6. Dig in!
Now I am craving for more T_T

Other pasta has to wait :p


Comments

i LOVE LOVE LOVE pasta too! rasa mcm xcukup2 je kalo mkn. hahahahaha
chezzem said…
Tapi pasta cepat kenyang. Lepas tu cepat lapar balik T_T

Popular Posts